Attending a Winter Formal is a great way to brighten up those dreary winter days! Winter formals are frequently hosted by schools or other institutions looking to host a fun formal event during the colder winter months. The dress code, like prom, usually requires a long formal gown.
Dinner, a dance, and other special features such as awards or speeches may be included in the evening. You’ll want to look dressed up and ready for the formal occasion.
You’ll need to find an elegant long evening gown that is appropriate for the occasion and may also be a practical fit if you live in a cold climate.
A Winter Formal or Winter Dance may also have a theme (such as a holiday or snow theme), so double-check this information first. That way, you can ensure that your gown is a perfect match for any theme or color palette that may be present on the night.
As with any dress, you’ll want a style that flatters your figure and natural shape. Choose a gown that is both comfortable and a good reflection of your own taste and style, while also adhering to the dress code.
We’ve compiled some of the best tips for preparing your outfit and selecting the perfect option to assist you with your Winter formal dress search.
How to Choose a Winter Formal Gown
- Follow the dress code. Some winter dances may be more casual than others, requiring you to wear a shorter dress or jumpsuit. Before you go shopping, make sure you know what length and style you’ll need.
- Choose the ideal color. Winter can be a dark season, and light summery colors aren’t always appropriate. To subtly brighten the mood, choose rich seasonal shades that best reflect the time of year, such as burgundy, royal blue, emerald, and metallic tones like silver and gold.
- Wear long sleeves. Wear a sophisticated long sleeve design to your winter formal! Sleeves not only keep you warm, but they’re also modest and fashionable. You can find long sleeve evening dresses that are sheer or embellished to make this a focal point of your ensemble.
- Choose the appropriate silhouette. Finally, your evening gown should be in a style that flatters you. Regardless of your size, you should choose a silhouette that flatters your shape beautifully. Petite and plus size women can all find their perfect fit at their local Jovani store. The staff can assist you in selecting a design that flatters you and beautifully balances out your shape.
- Experiment with textures. Feathers, faux fur, and other winter accessories look great at formal Winter events. They provide the rustic texture that is ideal for a fall event. Sequins and velvet are also excellent choices, especially as the holiday season approaches or when attending Christmas-themed events.